All the students are expected to reach the School by 9.00am and be in school till 3.45 pm.
On reaching the school the students should proceed to their respective class rooms in silence and utilize the time for study till the bell goes for prayer/assembly.
No student is expected to be seen on the verandah and break the silence during the morning study.
- Show respect to your Principal, teachers, non teaching staff and elders by greeting them.
- Respect each other and always lend a helping hand.
- Stand still during prayer and National Anthem, where ever you are.
- Be eco-friendly; and keep your school compound green.
- Students in school uniform are not expected to loiter in the shops and hold birthday party or any treat for friends in the Restaurants.
- Be in line and in perfect silence while moving out to the lab, auditorium, chapel and playground.
- Behave honestly in the examination halls. Malpractices of any sort will be seriously dealt with.
- Don’t dash and hit against others including teachers.
- Learn to use polite expressions like ‘sorry’, ‘thank you’, ‘welcome’ etc. as and when they are required to be used.
- Students are not expected to use notice board as mirror to comb the hair.
- English is the medium of communication and so it is mandatory that all the students speak English in the school compound.
- Always use polite words when you communicate with others.
- Insulting and abusive expressions are strictly forbidden in the school compound.
- During intervals students are advised not to play inside the classrooms or to run across the corridors or in the auditorium. Leisure or break time is not meant for play.
- Always keep to the left while walking along the corridors.
- Don’t move about in cluster or clubbing together.
- Don’t drag your feet while walking on the verandah.
- Do not lean and stamp on the wall.
- Don’t jump up and try to hit the objects or roof overhead.
- Students are not expected to enter the staff room unnecessarily or stand in group in front of it. In case of necessity, only one student is expected to enter.
- Bringing sweets or cakes and celebrating birthdays of students or teachers or on any occasion in the school is strictly forbidden.
DISCIPLINE DURING PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- No student is exempted from PE class. If any exemption is required on health ground, a written request from the parents should be produced in advance and get the sanction from the Principal.
- Students are expected to go to the playground in line.
DISCIPLINE IN THE CLASSROOM
- Arrange the class room neatly before the class starts.
- Do not litter papers and sweet wrappers anywhere.
- Black board, chalk, table and chair are meant only for the use of teachers.
- Benches and desks provided for your use should be kept neat.
- Don’t sit on the desk.
- Scribbling and drawing on the desks and walls will be seriously dealt with.
- Make use of the free time to give vent to your creativity.
- Bring only the study materials to the class room.
- CD, pen drive, memory card, iPod and such other gadgets are strictly forbidden in the class room and school compound.
- All the students should stand up and wish the teachers when they enter the class and should thank them when they leave.
- Students are not expected to stand around the teacher’s table to clear the doubts or for any other purpose.
- Going to the toilet frequently during the class time is not permitted.
- After the breaks, the students should reach the class as soon as the bell rings.
- In the absence of a teacher, the monitors may stand near the table and maintain discipline till the substitute teacher comes.
- Munching or chewing and drinking water during the class hours is not allowed.
- Throwing things like pencil, eraser, ruler, books etc. to others should be avoided.
- Strict discipline should be observed in the classroom
DISCIPLINE AT LUNCH BREAK
- All the students should bring lunch. In case of difficulty to bring lunch students may have their lunch in the school Cafeteria on buying food coupons.
- Lunch may be eaten in the classroom itself.
- Observe table manners while eating. A small towel should be brought to spread on the table to be used as a napkin.
- Be in queue at the washing place. Drinking water is not for wash. Remember to close the tap after use.
- Do not bring food in plastic bags and litter here and there in the school compound.
- Food waste is to be deposited in the waste bins meant exclusively for that.
DISCIPLINE REGARDING UNIFORM
- Students should come to school in full uniform as instructed.
- Boys should wear vests under the shirt.
- Boys are not expected to wear low waist trousers in the school.
- Girls should wear tights under their skirt.
- Students are not expected to shorten their overcoat and the sleeves of the shirt.
- Girls should tie up their hair if the hair is of sufficient length.
- Only black hair bands are allowed.
- Gold ornaments are not allowed in the school.
- Students are allowed to wear color dress only on special occasions like birthday. The dress should be simple and modest (below knee).
- T shirt is not generally allowed in the campus. Even when it is allowed those without collar is prohibited.
- On special occasions sleeveless top and tight bottom are not allowed for the girls. Party wear is not expected in the school.
- Socks and inner wears should be changed daily.
- Any student who requires exemption from wearing uniform for a specific period should get written permission from the Principal.
USE OF TOILETS
- Toilets are provided section wise. Keep them neat and clean.
- Flush the urinals after use.
- Don’t scribble on the walls of the toilet.
- Close the tap to avoid waste of water.
- Don’t break or destroy the pipes.
DISCIPLINE AT DISPERSAL
Switch off the fan and the light before leaving the classroom
- When the school disperses the students should leave the classroom in line.
Students going by school bus only are allowed to come out first. And the other students should wait for the next bell to leave the classroom.
- Students are not expected to group in the porch and remain talking.
- Volunteers on each floor should see to the smooth and disciplined movement of the students at the dispersal.
DISCIPLINE IN THE SCHOOL BUS AND ON THE ROAD
- Students are not expected to eat toffees in the school bus and throw the wrappers out.
- Behave properly in the bus and use decorous language when you talk to each other.
- Follow strictly ‘the rule of the road’. Neither should you cluster nor should you walk putting your hands on others’ shoulders.
- Strictly follow the traffic rules.
FOR THE SPECIAL ATTENTION OF THE PARENTS
- If you want to take the child early on a working day you have to put in a request letter in the hand book (in the space for Early Leaving)
- You may contact the Principal over the phone only on urgent and pressing matters. Please avoid calling between 7pm and 9pm.
- Class Teachers may be contacted over the phone at assigned times. Please avoid calling the teachers on trivial matters.
- Private vehicles coming to pick the students should come only after 4 pm to avoid overcrowding at the campus
- School Diary and SMS from the School should be checked daily and action taken as per the instructions.